Barack Obama, America’s Conjurer-in-Chief, is trying to entertain the world with a new smoke-and-mirrors trick, with the announcement that his government is recognizing the Syrian National Coalition as “the sole representative of the Syrian people”.
The chemical weapons trick seems to have fizzled like a damp squib. So, now it’s time for another illusion – the “worthy Syrian opposition”.
This motley crew of treasonous exiles – who mysteriously somehow have bags of money to trot all over the globe from Doha to Cairo, Tokyo to Marrakech – are all of sudden anointed by the American President as the next government of Syria.
Anyone who has read the Doha Protocol that the SNC willingly signed up to while seduced in a luxury hotel last month by their Qatari sponsors should be under no misapprehension. This group of self-serving opportunists has been cobbled together with the sole purpose of selling Syria’s sovereignty to the highest, or even lowest, bidder. The people of Syria have been spared no treachery low enough in the imperialists’ manifesto of regime change, including surrender of wealth, natural resources and all of Syria’s independent foreign policy principles.
Under the regime of the SNC, if it ever gets into power, Syria will become a shell of a once-proud nation, in hock to Western and Persian Gulf investors and schemers, betraying its people and its regional neighbours.
- Obama’s Syrian Black Magic Tricks (originaldialogue.blogspot.com)
- You: Syria conflict: Russia denies ditching Assad – live updates (guardian.co.uk)
- Turkey wants to end silence about Syria (worldbulletin.net)
- 100 countries back Syrian coalition (toledoblade.com)
- Syria opposition recognised in Morocco meeting (worldbulletin.net)
- Russia accuses US of turning its back on all-Syria dialogue (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Syria “fires Scud-type missiles at rebels”..*sigh..Syria’s chemical weapons ready to use “at a moment’s notice” (seeker401.wordpress.com)